SAP SRM 7.0 standard order process
Enclosed is an overview of the main innovations of SAP® SRM 7.0 compared to SAP® SRM 5.0 (SRM = Supplier Relationship Management).
- Improved integration with SAP® ERP for text transfers, changes, and consistency checks for purchase order data transfer
- Planned procurement is supported. This helps especially in direct material.
This can be production planning, automated production systems, project applications for project planning or maintenance applications.
- Individual processing of purchasing documents in the POWL (Personal Worklist).
- Ability to bid on structured service requests, order confirmation, service entry and invoices for the suppliers who get access to SAP® SRM.
- Multiple methods of supplier evaluation
Operational procurement Self Service Procurement
- Team shopping cart - the orderer can share the shopping cart with a self-defined team for further viewing and editing.
- Services purchasing - procurement of services has been improved.
- Support of different types of services (e.g. time-based or result-based).
- Consideration of complexity of services (e.g. service hierarchies).
- Easier copying of existing purchase order items into new purchase orders.
- Item-by-item approval is possible.
- Columns are personally adjustable and sortable in the view "shopping cart".
- Contract Management
Contracts can be created centrally inSAP® SRM and distributed to many different SAP® ERP systems.
Multiple warning limits, e.g. expiration date, target value and target quantity.
Ability to set payment terms at line item level
- Request for Proposal
New for services:
Hierarchies can be used for RFPs.
SRM/MDM catalog can be used as service directory.
- Enhancement of functions in tendering
- Auction: Action monitoring and bidding in real time
Catalog Management with SAP® SRM/MDM Catalog
- Possibility to import purchasing info records and contracts from SAP® ERP
- Support of service related hierarchies
- Customizable user interface and advanced search function
- New user interface (UI) WebDynpro for ABAP
- Stronger integration into the SAP® Portal (EP) of SAP® SRM
From SP5 onwards it is possible to choose between using the portal or the Business Client for the use of
SAP® SRM 7 can be selected.
- SAP Workflow has been changed. The previous application-driven workflow framework is replaced by the
process-driven workflow (BRF).
The new workflow makes it easier to map customer-specific business processes in SRM.
Old workflows from SAP® SRM 5 can still be used.
- SAP® PI can be used well. For this purpose the SAP® Business Connector is still available.